ONE MAY NOT JOIN US, IF YOU ARE ON CERTAIN MEDICATIONS, MEDICINAL HERBS, ILLICIT DRUGS, AND/OR HAVE SERIOUS PHYSICAL, MENTAL, OR EMOTIONAL MEDICAL CONDITIONS
FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY AND WELL-BEING, WE REQUIRE FULL DISCLOSURE AT ALL TIMES ABOUT ANY DRUGS, MEDICATIONS OR MEDICAL CONDITIONS PRIOR TO AND DURING YOUR PARTICIPATION WITH LA PUMA NEGRA
It is required that you fully disclose, any known past or present medical conditions, use of any medications or drugs, and/or psychological conditions prior to working with us in any capacity and at anytime. All information disclosed will be kept completely confidential.
TErms & Conditions
By booking and coming to La Puma Negra to work with Enrique Flores, Magda Flores, and their family and support staff, you declare and agree that these terms and conditions will apply to your booking an offering or service with them. Please, read them carefully as you will be bound by them. These Terms shall constitute the entire agreement between the aforementioned and you, and shall constitute a binding agreement. There is no written or verbal representation, warranty, prior agreement, or description of services other than expressed herein. By booking a retreat or a ceremony or a service, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions that govern the relationship and limitations of liability.
You agree you are in an appropriate mental/emotional/spiritual/physical condition to participate in the described activities and offerings (including but not limited to Ayahuasca Ceremonies, retreats, and plant diets/dietas) and you agree and you are in total agreement that you participate at your own risk and that we cannot accept liability for any accidents or injuries or damages or deaths. You acknowledge the nature of being in the Amazon rainforest is adventurous and may involve a significant amount of personal risk. You hereby assume all such risk and do hereby release Enrique Flores and Magdalena Flores as well as their family, support staff, website contributors, website photographers, and website owner(s) from all claims and causes of actions arising from any accidents or injuries or damages or deaths from these inherent risks.
You agree to the following: "I understand working with those at La Puma Negra may involve risks (and rewards) above and beyond those encountered on a more conventional vacation or holiday, and that I am undertaking an adventure trip with inherent dangers. I understand I am traveling to geographical areas where, amongst other things the standard of accommodation, transport, safety, hygiene, cleanliness, medical facilities, telecommunications and infrastructure development may not be of the standard I am used to at home or would find on conventional vacation or holiday. I have read and understood the Terms and Conditions as well as any requirements pre-service or post-service or during service in all communications and on this website for this retreat, ceremony, diet/dieta or other offering or service I am undertaking, requesting, paid for, participating in and have provided details of any pre-existing medical conditions I may have to La Puma Negra, Enrique Flores, Magdalena Flores, their family, support staff and those assisting them in any capacity. I accept these risks and obligations and I fully assume the risks of travel."
You agree to and understand you should seek professional medical advice about
all preparations, medications/drug interactions and/or contraindications, vaccinations for Peru, and post-dietary restrictions assigned to follow all sacred plant work.
Dietary Preparation and Dietary Restrictions after all sacred plant work
If you wish to participate with us, you will need to adhere to strict (dieta) dietary and lifestyle restrictions prior to and after all work with us involving Ayahuasca and/or other sacred plants or plant medicines including but not limited to:
- illicit drugs
- medications that are incompatible or have contraindications
- sex of any kind
- red meat
- sea salt/salt/pepper
- acidic foods including spicy, greasy, oily, fried foods
- extremes such as ice cream, ice cubes, etc
- violent movies, negative influences/affects such as the news, negative people, places, things
- saltwater seafood
- vinegars and products containing vinegar
- fermented foods
- carbonated drinks
- junk/processed foods
- other items to be discussed with the participant
All (Dieta) dietary restriction timelines will be determined on a case by case basis depending on length of time spent with the plants.
Pricing and Cancellation Policy will be determined and discussed on a case by case basis prior to booking.
All other questions or issues of concern should be discussed thoroughly prior to joining us. Iraku!
Drugs, MEdications, and Medical Conditions
You must disclose all previous and current known drug, medication and medical conditions prior to booking a retreat or service.
Some drugs, medications and medical conditions have been found to be incompatible and/or dangerous to try or use with Ayahuasca and other sacred plants.
All drugs, medications, and medicinal herbs take sufficient time to leave your system.
Please, consult your doctor before beginning any work with us on a retreat or in a ceremony.
NEVER STOP TAKING ANY PRESCRIBED MEDICATIONS (INCLUDING ANTI-DEPRESSANTS) WITHOUT CONSULTING YOUR DOCTOR FIRST.
After consulting your doctor(s) and cleared by them to do so, any and all anti-depressants must be stopped 6 weeks before and after all work with Ayahuasca.
All illicit drugs and certain medications may preclude you from participating with Ayahuasca and other plants. These forbidden drugs, medications, and medicinal herbs include but are not limited to:
- Amphetamines (meth-, dex-, amphetamine)
- MDMA (Ecstasy)
- Dextromethorphan (DXM)
- Marijuana (or any of its derivatives)
- Other MAOIs
- SSRI’s (any selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor)
- Antihypertensives (high blood pressure medicine)
- Appetite suppressants (diet pills)
- Any medicines for asthma, bronchitis, or other breathing problems; anti-histamines, any medicines for colds, sinus problems, hay fever, or allergies (Actifed DM, Benadryl, Benylin, Chlor-Trimeton, Compoz. These include Bromarest-DM or -DX, Dimetane-DX cough syrup, Dristan Cold & Flu, Phenergan with Dextromethorphan, Robitussin-DM, Vicks formula 44-D several Tylenol cold, cough, and flu preparations, and many others — any drug with DM or Tuss in its name.)
- CNS (central nervous system) depressants
- Mescaline (any phenethylamine)
- Albuterol (Proventil, Ventolin)
- Amantadine hydrochloride (Symmetrel)
- Amoxapine (Asendin)
- Benzphetamine (Didrex)
- Bupropion (Wellbutrin)
- Buspirone (BuSpar)
- Carbamazepine (Tegretol, Epitol
- Chlor Trimeton
- Clomipramine (Anafranil)
- Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril)
- Cyclizine (Marezine)
- Desipramine (Pertofrane, Norpramin)
- Dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine)
- Dextromethorphan (DXM)
- Dienolide kavapyrone desmethoxyyangonin
- Disopyramide (Norpace)
- Disulfiram (Antabuse)
- Dopamine (Intropin)
- Doxepin (Sinequan)
- Epinephrine (Adrenalin)
- Fenfluramine (Pondimin)
- Flavoxate Hydrochloride (Urispas)
- Fluoxetine (Prozac)
- Furazolidone (Furoxone)
- Guanadrel (Hylorel)
- Guanethidine (Ismelin)
- Hydralazine (Apresoline)
- 5 Hydroxytryptophan
- Imipramine (Tofranil)
- Iproniazid (Marsilid, Iprozid, Ipronid, Rivivol, Propilniazida)
- Isocarboxazid (Marplan)
- Isoniazid (Laniazid, Nydrazid)
- Isoniazid rifampin (Rifamate, Rimactane)
- Isoproterenol (Isuprel)
- L dopa (Sinemet)
- Levodopa (Dopar, Larodopa
- Linezolid (Zyvox, Zyvoxid)
- Lithium (Eskalith)
- Loratadine (Claritin)
- Maprotiline (Ludiomil)
- Meperidine (Demerol)
- Metaproterenol (Alupent, Metaprel)
- Metaraminol (Aramine)
- Methamphetamine (Desoxyn)
- Methyldopa (Aidomet)
- Methylphenidate (Ritalin)
- Mirtazapine (Remeron)
- Montelukast (Singulair)
- Norepinephrine (Levophed)
- Nortriptyline (Aventyl)
- Oxybutynin chloride (Ditropan)
- Oxymetazoline (Afrin)
- Orphenadrine (Norflex)
- Pargyline (Eutonyl)
- Paroxetine (Paxil)
- Pemoline (Cylert)
- Pethedine (Demerol)
- Phendimetrazine (Plegiline)
- Phenylephrine (Dimetane, Dristan decongestant, Neo Synephrine)
- Phenylpropanolamine (in many cold medicines)
- Phenelzine (Nardil)
- Procarbazine (Matulane)
- Procainamide (Pronestyl)
- Protriptyline (Vivactil)
- Oxymetazoline (Afrin)
- Quinidine (Quinidex)
- Rasagiline (Azilect)
- Reserpine (Serpasil)
- Selegiline (Eldepryl)
- Sertraline (Zoloft)
- Sumatriptan (Imitrex)
- Terfenadine (Seldane D)
- Theophylline (Theo Dur)
- Tranylcypromine (Parnate)
- Tricyclic antidepressants (Amitriptyline, Elavil)
- Trimipramine (Surmontil)
- Venlafaxine (Effexor)
- Ziprasidone (Geodon)
- St. Johns Wort
- Rhodiola Rosea
- Scotch Broom
- Licorice Root
It is not possible to join us and it is unsafe for anyone to take Ayahuasca with a heart condition, high blood pressure, or pregnancy.
It is not possible to join us if you are on psychiatric medications, have a history of mental illness, a family history of severe mental illness and/or a past history of taking psychiatric medications.
Food, Lodging, PRICING, AND CanCELLATIONs
Food, Lodging, pricing and cancellations will be discussed and addressed on a case by case basis. Please, contact us with all questions, comments, or concerns prior to booking and joining us.
- Generally speaking, there will be rustic lodging available
- Camping space is plentiful
- Meals will consist of locally sourced basic foodstuffs of a healthy variety
- If you have special dietary needs outside of being vegan or vegetarian, please, let us know ahead of time AND plan on bringing anything out of the ordinary you may need to meet your needs
Special thanks to Vincent Roazzi Jr. for providing all photography featured in this website.